Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Books on Deck

Been a few months since I've posted... I'll try to post more soon.

I've returned to the West Coast. Glad to be here!


That said, here's the latest in books:

Books on deck:

* 101 Essential Tips WINE by Tom Stevenson

* This Is Not the Life I Ordered by Deborah Collins Stephens, Jackie Speier, Michealene Cristini Risley, Jan Yanchiro

My friend Lesley, who is also in transition, leant me her book. It is very inspiring and interesting to read.

* Complete Maya Programming volume II by David Gould

Reading this book got temporarily suspended. When I returned to the West Coast, my luggage was too heavy, so it got "thrown over-board" (actually shipped by mail). I've got it now, so I've been "sipping" it.

Books up next:

* You're in Charge - NOW WHAT? by Thomas J. Neff and James M. Citrin

* Very Blueberry by Jennifer Trainer Thompson (impulse buy at a winery)

Recently finished:

* The First 90 Days by Michael Watkins

One good thing I've found about checking out business schools is that the business school websites are really interesting. Michael Watkins is a professor at the Harvard Business School. I could have used this book in my last job to help me navigate all the challenges I faced.

* The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (leant to me from Mars)

This books talks about the synchronicity of life. What is odd is that this book came up when I went to rent my sublet here in Berkeley. Later, while I was at work, I mentioned to a coworker that I had recently read a book that reminded me that I want to visit Peru. He immediately knew which book I meant! When I asked him how he knew which book, he said, "That is what the book is about." This is why I love the Bay Area!

* Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

* Transitions by William Bridges

* I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was by Barbara Sher

* Runner by William C. Dietz

William C. Dietz is one of my favourite authors. If you like military sci fi, he's the best. This book reminded me a little of Andre Norton's worlds of the Forerunners. I also recommend Elizabeth Moon for military sci fi in space.

* The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

Thoughts on the nature of reality. In an odd way, it goes well
with The 4-Hour Work Week.

Music on deck:

Same old, same old. Have asked for new CD's for future listening enjoyment!

On a good note, I found that I can plug my iPod Shuffle into my CD adapter for my car stereo. Happy traveling music day!

No comments: